Conflict of Interest
In the event of a potential conflict of interest in the rendering of financial services to clients, JH Brokers will place the interests of the client first. In the event where an ownership interest exists or financial interests are received, it will so be disclosed in the Register of Conflict of Interest, a copy of which is available on request.
The Financial Adviser is required to analyse clients’ requirements and needs during the provision of advice. The financial advice provided will be based on the information provided by the client and JH Brokers will not be held liable for any financial advice that was provided in respect of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information provided by the client.
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
TCF is a set of principles introduced by the Financial Services Board (FSB) to aid and underpin existing financial services legislation aimed at the protection of consumers and clients.
JH Brokers values its relationship with its clients and acknowledges that without any clients it would not have a business. The TCF principles are embedded in the culture of JH Brokers and it continuously strives to enhance the quality of its service offering to clients and through its interaction with contracted product suppliers. The TCF principles are the following:
1. Clients/consumers can be confident that they are dealing with a service supplier where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
2. Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
3. Clients are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
4. Where clients receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
5. Clients/consumers are provided with products that perform as the company or service supplier have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
6. Clients/consumers to not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by the company or service supplier to change product, switch supplier, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Any queries and complaints are to be addressed to the Key Individual as per the contact details provided. A copy of the JH Brokers’s complaints procedure is available on request. Should a complaint not be addressed to the satisfaction of the client, it may be referred to the offices of the relevant Ombud, as per the details herein contained.
External Outsourced Compliance Officer
Erika Botha of Infinitus Risk Management Service (Pty) Ltd
Practice registration number: 6172 / 6399
firstname.lastname@example.org / cell 082 413 8579
Contact Details for FAIS Ombud
Sussex Office Park, Ground Floor, Block B, C/o Lynnwood Road & Sussex Avenue, Lynnwood, Pretoria.
Tel: 012 470 9080
Fax: 012 348 3447
Contact Details for Ombud for Short Term Insurance
Sunnyside Office Building, Fifth Floor, Building D, Princess of Wales Terrace, Parktown, Johannesburg.
Tel 011 726 8900
Fax 011 726 5501
Contact Details for Council for Medical Schemes
Block A, Echo Glades 2 Office Building, 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Park, Centurion.
Tel 012 431 0500
Fax 012 430 7644
Contact Details Board to Financial Sector Authority (FSCA)
River Walk Office Building, Building B, 41 Matroosberg Road, Garsfontein, Pretoria.
Tel 012 428 8000
Fax 012 346 6941